Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Formula--Making it Affordable

So, I'm back. I'd thought I'd share some of my bargain shopping with you. I'm a Southern Savers reader, and this blog has great tips for how to save. For me, it's about getting the baby necessities at a good price, so I headed out to CVS to see what type of deals I could get on baby formula. I picked up the Sunday paper last Sunday (2/27) and requested the $110 coupon book from P&G a few weeks ago.

When we entered CVS, my son scanned my CVS card twice. And I got print out coupons... twice! One coupon was for $4 off a $20.

I was a bit bummed that most of the "free" items at CVS were gone, but I was able to still get a good deal. (I'm guessing there is a best time to go when these items are in stock).

I purchased the Crest mouthwash and Crest toothpaste for $3.29 each and used two $1.00 coupons--one from my $110 booklet and one from Sunday's paper. I paid $5.09 and got back $6.58 in bonus bucks.



Now to the formula. I bought Enfamil Infant on sale for 21.99 and Dawn on sale for .94. I used my $4.00 off coupon, .50 off Dawn, my $6.48 bonus bucks, and a $5.00 check off formula from Enfamil Family Beginnings. My final total for the transaction was $7.27. So, I spent $12.36 and got the baby formula I needed plus some toothpaste, mooth wash, and Dawn. Woo-Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment